Sunday, April 5, 2015

MDS 2015 Stage 1

Well Stage 1 is over.

 It was a complete repeat of Stage 1 in  2013!  Wonder if I was slower this year.  Weather is hot and windy, just like Spring Time in NM. I got a little behind in electrolytes and food today but will do better tomorrow.  Was doing quite well until about half way through then I had to walk some and recover.  Feet are OK.  Pack started out at 7.5 kgs (just under 17 lbs) without water.  Tomorrow is about 20 miles.  Lots of standing around in the sun for everything.  The Sultan tea guy is back and one was very excited to see an american (my patch) at the finish today (didn't get me a second cup though). Dirk is hanging in there and finished in an ok state today.  Miss seeing family at the finish line but I am looking forward to your emails.  Not sure of my standing but it is somewhat irrelevent this early.  One US male is in 10th
place.  Check out the web site for pictures of the stage, there were lots of
photographers out there. 


LISA'S NOTE:

Garth is in 160th overall and is 5th US Individual after Stage 1 :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Garth and Dirk,
    Praying that Day 2 goes well for you.
    MIke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go bud, I don't know how you run with such skinny legs but hey they seem to work OK

    ReplyDelete