Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pack Shake Down



On Sunday I took out the pack (Raidlight Evolution 2) for a quick 10 mile test spin.  I settled on this pack since the next size up was just too large and I would be tempted to fill it all the way up with totally unnecessary snivel gear.  While the first day or two may have this one bulging at the seams, I believe it will be fine overall. 

Load out was most of my gear and phone books as a mass mock for food.  Included 1.5 liters of water on the shoulder holders (add ons).  Total weight was around 20 lbs/9 kgs which is slightly light based on my estimates to date.  Fit and balance were excellent.  The front pack is nice from a balance perspective but it will get a little warm.  Placing 750 ml water bottles in the front pack side holders adds a little too much weight there.  This results in excessive bouncing when running but would be OK for walking.  The strap assembly on the top is nice for a pad/sleeping bag.  My only complaint about this rig besides being slightly small volume wise is that you have to do/undo four buckles to get in and out of it!




No comments:

Post a Comment