Thursday, November 29, 2012

Training Plans

As the year is waining into its final weeks it is time to look towards next year and the training plan to take me into the MDS.  With only four months to go until departure the biggest thing on my mind is to stay healthy and prevent injuries.  Weekly mileage is at a maintenance level through the holidays at which time I intend ramping up over two and a half months to peak around mid March.  Included even now are miles with the pack at around 20 lbs.  Frequency of pack runs are about once a week now and will increase in February.  I am also planning some dune work as well as some longer events (50k, marathons, etc).  Every effort will be made to maximize trail runs and include a variety of hills and technical/rocky terrain.  Speed work may come later for variety and cross training will be limited.  Heat acclimatizing will be conducted in March.

My weekly mileage will range from lows of 30 to highs around 50 and should be sufficient for my anticipated performance.  Again my fear is sustaining an injury that significantly curtails training or endanger participation!

No comments:

Post a Comment