Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Fitz Compression Wear

A chance meeting with Richard Berry and family up in Lapland has brought together the British manufacture Fitz Compression Wear and my MDS attempt.  I met Rich while on "holiday" in Saariselka when he was having difficulty with the lock on his apartment and came next door for assistance.  Discussions later in the week during New Years celebrations (at 68.9 degrees north latitude) reveled he was in the performance sports wear business and I was heading for Morocco.  What a coincidence!

Rich was extremely intrigued by the MDS and upon returning from the land of reindeer, follow up emails indicated that Fitz was interested in having me try out some of their gear.  Having satisfactorily used compression shorts during the 2012 Desert RATS stage race and many other ultra-marathons I am planning on using compression shorts during the MDS.  Compression tops my also be an option along with calf/shin sleeves.

Competing and training in compression gear is fairly standard for me, a hold over from my cycling days. I enjoy the support it gives and the improved recovery especially during high mileage weeks.  I am looking forward to shaking down Fitz performance wear and to see what works best for my training, competitions and MDS attempt.

The Fitz web site is:  www.fitz4sport.com

Fitz


Thank you Rich and FITZ!

No comments:

Post a Comment