Monday, April 6, 2015

UPDATE FROM MDS 2015

Stage 2 done. Re-tread of stage 2 from 2013 so I knew what was coming. Did much
better on electrolytes, water and food.  Finished strong at about 4:14. The tea
guy score me an extra cup at the finish. Do not know my place. I moved up to
158th for some reason in Stage 1. Dirk made it in much later and is having some
blister problems we will have to work on.  Lost my Buff! Thank you all for the
emails they are very much appreciated.  About 25% done and the first stage
excitement is done. Look for the webcam feed. Going to go and recover some more.
Breezy now and the hot part of the day.  Hope you are checking out the day's
photos and videos. The competition at the front of the pack is fierce.

3 comments:

  1. All right dude, one-third through already. Way to go. Hang in there and run off the pockets when in deep sand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you today as I jogged a leisurely 4 miles on the beach in south Flordia. You are amazing to tackle that event, again. May the Lord grant you the wings of an eagle, may you run and not grow weary, walk and not faint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondering how you are doing? You are over half way, so hopefully you can see the light at the end of the race. Keep pressing on.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete