Thursday, January 3, 2013

Hello Suomi

Hello from Finland!

On vacation with my extended family in Saariselka Finland.  We had hoped to see the Aurora Borealis but alas, it was cloudy the entire time we were here.  While I was taking it easy this week I still got in some runs up and down the local fell, and of course these were mostly in the DARK.  It is dark here 20 hours a day and when it is "light" it is the equivalent of dusk.  Fortunately it has not been too cold, only in the high teens/low 20's with the exception of when we arrived when it was around 0.  Definitely not heat training!  Great time relaxing with family and being somewhere different however it is nearly impossible to get over jet lag when there is no sun.

Dressed for the cold!

Marathon de la neige?

Next week it is off to Las Vegas and the desert for work.  Will be doing at least one run at Red Rocks and where ever else time will allow.   I will also be scheduling my EKG/doctor appointments for my medical within the next couple of weeks in order to assure I can get seen early in the 30 day window before the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment