Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Beware of Camels and Sawing Logs

I dropped of my official registration packet yesterday morning at the post office.  All sorts of forms, signatures, photographs, etc.  The best part was a portion of the waiver that stated:

"I have also been advised that I may be exposed to physical and/or psychological injury from a number of natural factors, including sandstorms, debris on the course, lack of water, thorns, rocks, snoring, steep mountain passes, feral animals and/or reptiles among other things...blah, blah, blah...permanent injury or even death...blah, blah, blah..."

Ok, I get the feral camel/scorpion/snake thing.  I totally respect the blinding sandstorm.  Lack of water goes without saying, but the psychological injury from snoring?  I assume there would be no physical injury unless you are the one that is snoring too loudly and your tent mates decide to end it with a sandy sock in your mouth.

Anyway, I'll be packing TWO pairs of ear plugs...and try to sleep on my side.


No comments:

Post a Comment