Friday, April 12, 2013

I MADE IT!!!!!!!!!

Stage 5/42 km/marathon stage.

It is over! I have finished.

Unsure of my placing because results are not up yet. Made it in in about 5:15. That should put me under 31 hrs I think.  Very hot again today. Feet OK but my lower back is a mess from my pack and the heat. Very, very happy and satisfied as to what I have accomplished.

Looks like Megan Hicks has wrapped up the women's with the dropping out of the top French women yesterday.  One of our top women may have dropped today also.  I had to walk her into the first check point.  We  will get fed tonight and the awards are in about an hour.  Tomorrow there is a short liaison stage (7 km) into town and then a five hour bus ride (nap). 

Thank you all for the support, well wishes, and interest!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Garth!!! It has been fun watching your progress and it looks like you finished in a really great position.

    ReplyDelete