Monday, April 8, 2013

Stage Two in the Rear View Mirror!

Stage 2: 30km lots of walking today. Many jebels that we went up/down/up/down/ect. Pace was much slower for everyone.

Hydration went well but I am trying to get my food timing down, still behind the curve. I have enough but just not eating soon enough. Unfortunately picked up three toe blisters today, sooner than I had hoped. The downhills did me in on them. Will tape everything tonight. Went slower today so I will most likely drop in the standings, not that I'm racing or anything. Lots of people suffered today with the steep hills.

We were scrambling and climbing for miles. No shade anywhere. Many gaiter failures due to the rocks (now I know why they call it More-rock-o). Mine are holding up great, thanks mom! The rest of my gear is working out well. Pack is getting lighter by the day. I appreciate all the emails I received last night. Thanks to everyone for taking time out to follow this. I am doing well and will get another night sleep tonight if not too windy! 
Miss you all!

1 comment: