Friday, April 12, 2013

The Long Day!

Stage 4/75 km.

This was the long stage. I did very well out there yesterday, came in around 11:35. This moved me  up about 30 places in the standings.

There was about 15-20km of dunes. It was HOT. In the dune fields it was somewhere between 52-55C (125-130F). Little to no wind. I sStayed cooler by pouring a little water over my sleeves every  couple of kilometers. People are still coming in and have been out for more than 24 hrs.  The cut off is 36 hrs.  My blisters are manageable and the food is holding out. I will eat my green chile sometime today (it is a rest day).

We have one more race stage (29 miles) tomorrow then a short liaison stage the day after.  Have to say this is an adventure and am glad I am doing it.  Hope all is going well with everyone following these posts. Thank you for all the emails.

Time to go hydrate and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment