Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Stage Three is Done

Stage 3/38 km.
24 have dropped/1001 still in. It turns out that two of my tent mates are among those that have fallen out and one more I am not sure about.  Today we will loose some more. Cool and cloudy to start. I made good time to begin with but temperatures climbed and there was no wind across the dry lake beds.  Even though I had to walk a lot through the sand I still finished the stage in under 5 hrs. I will need to recover for the very long stage tomorrow. 

 My feet are OK, and I ate breakfast later in the morning and that helped me during the day as well. However I will need more protein in the mornings so I will enjoy my Slim Jims!

I appreciate all the pages of emails I am getting, helps lift the spirits!  I'm almost half way ,I need to get through tomorrow.  Hope to be under 14 hours if at all possible but there are 15km of dunes.  I am shifting to survival mode.  Doing OK.  Scenery is beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment